2015 Quill Terms & Conditions of Entry
NOTE everything sent in for entry, including the entry form, requires three copies for judging.
1. Your membership of the Guild must be fully paid up at the time of entry.
2. Entry opens on Monday 15 June, 2015. Non-members who wish to join the Guild to enter need to apply for Guild membership prior to 15 June 2015.
3. Work must be original and published or broadcast between 15 June 2013 – 16 July, 2015.
4. Entries must be received for judging by 5pm on Thursday 16 July. Late entries and entries which do not comply with these terms and conditions of entry will not be accepted.
5. Three copies of each entry are required, each with an entry form attached. Photocopied entry forms are acceptable. Unclear and incomplete entry forms may be eliminated.
Send entries to: Kathy Paterson, 70 Burnley Tce, Sandringham, Auckland 1025
They must arrive no later than 5pm on Thursday 16 July.
6. Entrants can submit multiple entries into as many categories as they wish, but the same feature cannot be entered in more than one category, except in the case of books and articles where the author has also been responsible for food styling and/or photograph. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure the entry is in the appropriate category.
7. The appropriate entry fee(s) must be paid by Friday 17 July. Pay online with your last name as reference, to Kiwibank account, 38 9011 0701145 00, NZ Guild of Food Writers.
8. All finalists will be required to supply three additional hard copies of their work for the final stage judging. Finalists will have two weeks to do this.
9. Photocopies of published material are acceptable where the originals are unavailable. Send relevant articles only – not complete magazines or books of which the article is but a small part. Visual material is to be entered in the context of the published work, i.e. to be submitted as published/used by the client.
10. Books entered must be published and available for sale in New Zealand.
11. Websites and blogsites will be judged as “live” and should supply three url directing judges to the three pages/posts you would like viewed.
12. The target audience/market must be clearly identified, in detail, in all entries.
13. In categories where a client or editor’s brief is asked for this must be supplied attached to each entry form.
14. The first phase of judging will comprise peer judges in each category. Finalists chosen in this phase will then be judged by three judges (including the chief judge) and one Culinary Quill awarded in each category. There is no obligation for the judges to select finalists or to award a Culinary Quill if they consider the entries in any section are not of a sufficiently high standard.
15. Entrants are required to attend the Awards prizegiving in Wellington on 17 October 2015. If this is not possible, adequate advance notice must be given. Further, upon winning and if unable to attend the prizegiving, the Quill recipient agrees to make themselves available for a photo opportunity with the sponsor at a mutually acceptable time and location no later than February 1 2016.
16. Entrants agree for their image to be used in publicity by the Quill sponsor of their award should they win.
17. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. There will be no return of entries.